Monday, July 18, 2011

Conversations with God

About a month ago I was running errands with the boys. Finn and I were having a conversation about heaven (which he calls "Kevin" and can't seem to correct himself even though we remind him every time that Kevin is his uncle, not the place you go when you die). We talked about whether there will be trees in heaven, houses, toy cars, etc. Well, somehow the conversation ended up like this.
Finn: Mommy, Can I get a new car toy?
Me: No Finn
Finn: Mommy, can I talk to God?
Me: Yes, you can
Finn: God, can I have a new car? (in a deep voice Finn responds) "Yes you can." Mommy, God said that I can have a new car
Me: Well, Finn let me know when you get it
(a minute of silence)
Finn: God, can mommy get me a new car? (again in a deep voice Finn responds) "Yes she will." Mommy, God said that you will get me a new car

After laughing from shock, amusement and amazement I tried my best to explain how "talking to God" works and how we should ask for things that are important. Explaining this stuff to a 3 year-old can get interesting!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so precious! What a smart kid (of course)! Love that he even changed his voice! Too cute! (Rebecca)

    ReplyDelete