Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Already hating goodbyes
A couple weekends ago Sean went out of town and a couple of my friends came to visit with their kids. It was a great weekend and Finn was in heaven playing with all his buds (Eily, Hazel, Ava, Moses, Scout, Henry, Ceci, and Malcolm). We spent every waking moment together for a couple days; playing outside, sharing toys, time at the park, eating together, etc. Well, when it came time for them to leave Finn had his first "hard to say good-bye" moment. I had him say his farewells and give hugs. With each hug came more and more tears and by the time I put him in the car seat he was full on sobbing. "I don't want them to go!!!!" My heart broke. It was just such an innocent moment and the next thing I knew I was sobbing along with him. I couldn't hold it together. We drove away both crying and he just kept saying, "I don't want my friends to leave." I can remember having to say good-bye to my Bonne Maman (French grandmother) as a child and realizing that it would be a long time until I saw her again. It brought me right back to those moments. What a sight we must have been driving down the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh Caline that was such a sweet story...I hate goodbyes too!! Poor Finn (and you)!
ReplyDelete